zfs and gpt partition - FreeBSD

This is a discussion on zfs and gpt partition - FreeBSD ; I have problem with zfs on gpt partition in RELENG_7 when zfs use whole drive or classic slices, all work well in any ata port, but changing device name with created on it gpt -t zfs partition broke zfs volume ...

  1. zfs and gpt partition

    I have problem with zfs on gpt partition in RELENG_7

    when zfs use whole drive or classic slices, all work well in any ata port,
    but changing device name with created on it gpt -t zfs partition broke zfs
    volume
    state - FAULTED
    ad8 UNAVAIL 0 0 0 corrupted data

    restore possible only with returning drive to it original port, where volume
    was created

  2. Re: zfs and gpt partition

    Vitaly Dodonov wrote:
    > I have problem with zfs on gpt partition in RELENG_7
    >
    > when zfs use whole drive or classic slices, all work well in any ata port,
    > but changing device name with created on it gpt -t zfs partition broke zfs
    > volume
    > state - FAULTED
    > ad8 UNAVAIL 0 0 0 corrupted data
    >
    > restore possible only with returning drive to it original port, where volume
    > was created

    Please try looking at 'zpool export' and 'zpool import', it will
    probably correct the error if you export then import the pool.

  3. Re: zfs and gpt partition

    On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Adam McDougall wrote:

    > Vitaly Dodonov wrote:
    >
    >> I have problem with zfs on gpt partition in RELENG_7
    >>
    >> when zfs use whole drive or classic slices, all work well in any ata port,
    >> but changing device name with created on it gpt -t zfs partition broke zfs
    >> volume
    >> state - FAULTED
    >> ad8 UNAVAIL 0 0 0 corrupted data
    >>
    >> restore possible only with returning drive to it original port, where
    >> volume
    >> was created
    >>

    > Please try looking at 'zpool export' and 'zpool import', it will probably
    > correct the error if you export then import the pool.

    yes, export/import working, but without gpt i don't need these operations,
    drives don't drop from pool on device name change