Re: Linux GTK+ 2.10+ - FreeBSD

This is a discussion on Re: Linux GTK+ 2.10+ - FreeBSD ; Quoting "Eitan Adler" (from Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:19:56 -0400): > Does anyone know when the linux-gtk2 port will support version 2.10 or > above? Find a good linux gtk2 RPM which works on Fedora 4, and we can update ...

  1. Re: Linux GTK+ 2.10+

    Quoting "Eitan Adler" (from Tue, 23 Sep
    2008 22:19:56 -0400):

    > Does anyone know when the linux-gtk2 port will support version 2.10 or
    > above?

    Find a good linux gtk2 RPM which works on Fedora 4, and we can update
    it. If you don't find one, you have to wait until we have the new
    linux infrastructure (Fedora 6, 7 or 8) fully integrated into the
    ports (this requires that you run a FreeBSD release which supports
    enough of the linux 2.6 kernel).

    Bye,
    Alexander.

    --
    A psychiatrist is a fellow who asks you a lot of expensive questions
    your wife asks you for nothing.

    http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
    http://www.FreeBSD.org netchild @ FreeBSD.org : PGP ID = 72077137

  2. Re: Linux GTK+ 2.10+

    On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 07:58:22AM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
    > Quoting "Eitan Adler" (from Tue, 23 Sep
    > 2008 22:19:56 -0400):
    >
    > >Does anyone know when the linux-gtk2 port will support version 2.10 or
    > >above?

    > Find a good linux gtk2 RPM which works on Fedora 4, and we can update
    > it. If you don't find one, you have to wait until we have the new
    > linux infrastructure (Fedora 6, 7 or 8) fully integrated into the
    > ports (this requires that you run a FreeBSD release which supports
    > enough of the linux 2.6 kernel).

    what is the plan in this area? are we going to switch to newer fedora
    on 8.x ?

    I'd like to know the official position here

    roman