Re: VirtualBox looks for FreeBSD developer - FreeBSD

This is a discussion on Re: VirtualBox looks for FreeBSD developer - FreeBSD ; Pedro Giffuni wrote: > Hi Klaus; > > Thank you for your posting on -ports: > > http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?48C8F051.7060107 > > I think either -emulation or -virtualization might be better > targets for such discussion though (indeed we did discuss it ...

  1. Re: VirtualBox looks for FreeBSD developer

    Pedro Giffuni wrote:
    > Hi Klaus;
    >
    > Thank you for your posting on -ports:
    >
    > http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?48C8F051.7060107
    >
    > I think either -emulation or -virtualization might be better
    > targets for such discussion though (indeed we did discuss it
    > briefly in the virtualization list).
    >
    > Some of us are very interested in having VirtualBox on FreeBSD, and
    > I understand the FreeBSD Foundation would consider sponsoring such
    > effort if someone with the know-how makes the proposal.

    Klause,

    freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org (this mail is there) is the place
    you want but it is a new list and not everyone on
    freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org will be on it (yet).

    Freebsd ports is for ported software, but virtualbox doesn't
    really come into that category yet..

    > I don't have what's needed but I was thinking maybe someone that
    > knows well the kqemu module would have that know-how... Perhaps you
    > could give us more insight on what needs to be done/documented?

    A laundry list of what is needed would be good..
    Remember that we have had vmware running on FreeBSD so it can be done.

    > Pedro.

  2. Re: VirtualBox looks for FreeBSD developer

    Julian Elischer wrote:
    > Pedro Giffuni wrote:
    >> Hi Klaus;
    >>
    >> Thank you for your posting on -ports:
    >>
    >> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?48C8F051.7060107
    >>
    >> I think either -emulation or -virtualization might be better
    >> targets for such discussion though (indeed we did discuss it
    >> briefly in the virtualization list).
    >>
    >> Some of us are very interested in having VirtualBox on FreeBSD, and
    >> I understand the FreeBSD Foundation would consider sponsoring such
    >> effort if someone with the know-how makes the proposal.

    > Klause,
    >
    > freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org (this mail is there) is the place you
    > want but it is a new list and not everyone on
    > freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org will be on it (yet).

    Hi,

    Unfortunately freebsd-virtualization@ is not on gmane.org which is used
    by quite many to access mailing lists.

    M.

    > Freebsd ports is for ported software, but virtualbox doesn't
    > really come into that category yet..

  3. Re: VirtualBox looks for FreeBSD developer

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, martinko wrote:

    > Unfortunately freebsd-virtualization@ is not on gmane.org which is used by
    > quite many to access mailing lists.

    FreeBSD.org has two public mailing list archives, one is even spidered
    by most search engines. Sorry if we do not really care about gmane, at
    least I do not. You may need to talk to the gmane folks so that they
    add the list, not to us;-)

    /bz

    --
    Bjoern A. Zeeb Stop bit received. Insert coin for new game.

  4. Re: VirtualBox looks for FreeBSD developer

    Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, martinko wrote:
    >
    >> Unfortunately freebsd-virtualization@ is not on gmane.org which is
    >> used by quite many to access mailing lists.

    > FreeBSD.org has two public mailing list archives, one is even spidered
    > by most search engines. Sorry if we do not really care about gmane, at
    > least I do not. You may need to talk to the gmane folks so that they
    > add the list, not to us;-)
    >
    > /bz

    Yes I know. I've done it in the past and I may do it again.. :-)