Quoting "Darren Reed" (Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:09:54 +0200):

> Robert,
>
> Do you have any more information about what the details of
> this virtualization work will be? e.g. will it be similar
> to what Solaris has with zones?

It's like the Solaris Crossbow project. Virtual network stacks.

I don't know if you refer to this or to the normal operation of zones
since Solaris 10. The later one we will get for jails too, but this is
just a side effect (sort of, there are patches floating around to get
multi-IPs into jails in a different way before the VNET stuff, so that
we can have the multi-IPS for jails in 7.x too).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
"Planet Express: our crew is replaceable, your package isn't." -Advertisement
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7