diablo-jdk16 package broken - FreeBSD

This is a discussion on diablo-jdk16 package broken - FreeBSD ; Hi I tried pkg_adding diablo-caffe-freebsd7-i386-1.6.0_07-b02.tar.bz2 but got the following error: pkg_add: unable to open table of contents file '+CONTENTS' - not a package? The checksum was OK, and I got the file from here (someone else was asking on the ...

  1. diablo-jdk16 package broken

    Hi

    I tried pkg_adding diablo-caffe-freebsd7-i386-1.6.0_07-b02.tar.bz2 but
    got the following error:

    pkg_add: unable to open table of contents file '+CONTENTS' - not a package?

    The checksum was OK, and I got the file from here (someone else was
    asking on the list, but I wasn't subscribed at that point so I can't
    answer directly to that mail):

    http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml

    Thanks,
    Tobias

    --
    Tobias Roth || http://fsck.ch || PGP: 0xCE599B4D
    | Although the moon is smaller than the earth, it is farther away.

  2. Re: diablo-jdk16 package broken

    On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 08:15:23PM +0200, Tobias Roth wrote:
    > I tried pkg_adding diablo-caffe-freebsd7-i386-1.6.0_07-b02.tar.bz2 but
    > got the following error:
    >
    > pkg_add: unable to open table of contents file '+CONTENTS' - not a package?
    >

    > The checksum was OK, and I got the file from here (someone else was
    > asking on the list, but I wasn't subscribed at that point so I can't
    > answer directly to that mail):
    >
    > http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml

    Its not a package, its just a tarball. Packages/ports will be available
    within the next few days.

    --
    Greg Lewis Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
    Eyes Beyond Web : http://www.eyesbeyond.com