Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:
>

>> I have committed the base of teh Multi-routing-table support.
>> I am current;y waiting for it to loop back to me before a final
>> make universe test, but I think it should be ok.
>> if you do nothing you should not see any difference.
>>
>> for a description of what and how, look at:
>>

>> http://perforce.freebsd.org/fileView...uting/plan.txt
>>

> >From my read of your file, this doesn't address FreeBSD's utter lack of what

> they often call an RIB --- where routes are chosen to be put into the FIB.
> Zebra does this to some extent, but there is one glaring case where zebra
> cannot fix the problem and FreeBSD's actions need be improved.

Please read the history of this thread, as there has been extensive
discussion on this subject. FreeBSD doesn't need to have a RIB, that's a
job for routing control plane software such as XORP and Quagga/Zebra.

There are strong arguments against using the kernel forwarding tables as
an exchange medium, the strongest one being "that's not what it's for".

Thanks.
BMS