On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 01:43:12PM +1000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 01:22:31PM +1000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> > When I start the qemu host with "-boot n", I see the DHCP requests
> > and answers going over the wire (... tap device ...) but the NIC
> > keeps saying that it can't get an IP address. This is the network
> > output of it:

> http://pxe.dev.aboveaverageurl.com/i...hp/PXE_Booting gave the
> hint: I needed a next-server statement.

I'll submit a PR for the manpage of pxeboot for this, because the
behaviour of the ISC-DHCP has changed with version 3.0.3 about this
(See http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/html/00110.html, I knew I had
seen this before)

> It's now through to its TFTP phase. Sorry about the noise!

I have moved the file /boot/pxeboot to my tftpboot directory, it
gets loaded but then QEMU complains about:

......TFTP download complete, but Unable to load file.

And restarts. Not sure what goes wrong...

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis | Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin@mavetju.org | Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/