On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 13:58 +0200, Claus Guttesen wrote:
> > I have an issue with NFS /etc/exports file. The entry in my exports file
> > is as below:
> >
> > /usr -alldirs -maproot=0:0 zerg hulk protoss terran
> >
> > OK just tested again, this only happens right after freshly booting
> > 'build'. If I do
> >
> > kill -s HUP `cat /var/run/mountd.pid`
> >
> > to reread the /etc/exports fileon 'build', then I have no problem
> > mounting the shared directory from the first host in the list. Is this a
> > bug or is the entry in the /etc/exports file is wrong?

> Do you have any errors when you reboot related to nfs?

LOL! I forgot to check the console at boot. Been administering all the
machines remotely and you forget to do the most basic thing. *sigh*

Anyways, yes there was an error when starting mountd. It takes a few
seconds to start but then it failed giving mount[618] error saying it
can't resolve the first host in /etc/exports file.

I add the first host in /etc/hosts file and reboot but then mountd can't
resolve the second host in the list. So right now I use the machines IP
addresses in /etc/exports file and it works flawlessly.

Perhaps I need to set mountd to start later in the boot process so that
it can resolve the hostnames in /etc/exports file?

Thanks though. Really appreciate your tip!

--
Nawfal bin Mohmad Rouyan