--==_Exmh_1208209670_57931P

> From: Mikhail Teterin
> Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:18:56 -0400
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
>
> понеділок 14 квітень 2008 03:52 по, Dominic Fandrey Ви написали:
> > > So, once again, I have to update half of my ports in order to add a new
> > > port to the system, that's happily functioning with the older version(s).

> > Or you install sysutils/bsdadminscripts and run pkg_libchk to see which
> > ports actually require rebuilding.

> NONE of them /require/ rebuilding, if I'm happy with the existing version.
> Yet, I'm being forced to rebuild them so that I can add another piece of
> software (which is also happy with the versions I already have) -- and I
> don't like that at all...

If the port existed in a version prior to the release of 2.22 (see
/usr/ports/UPDATING for the date), grab the port from just before that
date. if your use csup or cvsup, you can do this by editing your
supfile to include a date and run csup/cvsup with the -i option.

It's really is not that hard, although it is a bit of work.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)

--==_Exmh_1208209670_57931P