On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 03:23:46PM +0100, Ståle Kristoffersen wrote:
> when I then ran zpool status I got:
> scrub: resilver completed with 0 errors on Wed Mar 26 15:15:50 2008
>
> Why did it start to resilver onto "nothing", and why can't I replace it with mfid8 (even with -f)?

I believe this problem was stated back in January (see the 2nd half of
the post), although Joe's problem showed an incremented CHKSUM, not an
actual drive in FAULTED mode:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/f...ry/004241.html

Either way, the situation sounds very familiar (failure + reboot
resulting in the pool silvering for strange reasons).

--
| Jeremy Chadwick jdc at parodius.com |
| Parodius Networking http://www.parodius.com/ |