On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 07:15:30AM -0700, Passive PROFITS wrote:
> Hi All,
> First post to any FreeBSD list; be gentle!
> Where would be the right place to go looking to
> subscribe to a newbie level user-support list?=20
> Perhaps rephrased 'complete newbie user support list'
> ... LOL

We used to have a freebsd-newbies list, but folks tended to use it for
posts that ought to have gone to freebsd-questions, with a resulting bit
of confusion.

At this point, freebsd-questions is my recommendation for a default
place to post questions about FreeBSD and using it; perhaps we should
consider re-wording the "charter" for -questions to be less

Naturally, you should be prepared to redirect a message thread to a more
appropriate (likely, more focused) list -- e.g., if you have a question
about a specific use of IPFW, the freebsd-ipfw list wouold likely be
better than -questions.

One suggestion: read through archived posts before you post. You may
well find what you need without needing to post at all.

david (postmaster, but not really wearing that hat now)
David H. Wolfskill david@catwhisker.org
I submit that "conspiracy" would be an appropriate collective noun for cats.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (FreeBSD)