--LZ92CUgs0ha736zO

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 07:15:30AM -0700, Passive PROFITS wrote:
> Hi All,
>=20
> First post to any FreeBSD list; be gentle!
>=20
> Where would be the right place to go looking to
> subscribe to a newbie level user-support list?=20
> Perhaps rephrased 'complete newbie user support list'
> ... LOL

We used to have a freebsd-newbies list, but folks tended to use it for
posts that ought to have gone to freebsd-questions, with a resulting bit
of confusion.

At this point, freebsd-questions is my recommendation for a default
place to post questions about FreeBSD and using it; perhaps we should
consider re-wording the "charter" for -questions to be less
intimidating.

Naturally, you should be prepared to redirect a message thread to a more
appropriate (likely, more focused) list -- e.g., if you have a question
about a specific use of IPFW, the freebsd-ipfw list wouold likely be
better than -questions.

One suggestion: read through archived posts before you post. You may
well find what you need without needing to post at all.

Peace,
david (postmaster, but not really wearing that hat now)
--=20
David H. Wolfskill david@catwhisker.org
I submit that "conspiracy" would be an appropriate collective noun for cats.

--LZ92CUgs0ha736zO

--LZ92CUgs0ha736zO--