On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 07:08:07PM +0100, Juergen Lock wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There's a (remote?) possibility that the amd64 SMP kqemu crashes
> could be cured by pinning the qemu process to a single cpu (tho, if its
> that, I wonder why it works on i386 without doing that...) [...]

Ok I now made a -current qemu -smp 2 guest and did
cpuset -l 1 zsh
and in that shell ran qemu-system-x86_64 with kqemu on the 7.0 livefs iso,
and I could enter fixit without a crash! Tried the same for cpu 0
cpuset -l 0 zsh
and got a crash again. Can anyone reproduce this on a physical box,
and possibly test other guests, and/or hosts with more than two cpus?
(Linux guests for some reason didn't want to work for me in qemu in qemu...)

Thanx,
Juergen