Hi,

On Jan 9, 2008, at 6:53 PM, Xin LI wrote:

> Travis Mikalson wrote:
>>
>> Really hoping this will make it into RELENG_7_0. It has successfully
>> worked around the crippling HT1000 SATA problems.

> Yes, the changeset was committed into RELENG_7_0 and RELENG_7.
> Because
> it's very late of release cycle, I am afraid that we will not be
> able to
> incorporate this patchset in 6.3-RELEASE, but I think it would be a
> good
> errata candidate after testing.

One note that might help out people with the Tyan h2000M (S3992)
mobos --- for the HT1000 patch in RELENG_7 to work, you need to make
sure the BIOS settings put the HT1000 SATA controller in "S-ATA"
emulation
mode. If you use "P-ATA" emulation mode, you are back in data
corruption hell.

There is also a BIOS option for "RAID" mode which I have not tried.
Setting "S-ATA"
mode the box seems to run as reliable as it did under 6.2.

BR,
Greg