On 2008-03-07 23:51, Dimitry Andric wrote:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~jhb/patches/btx_real.patch

> Might it not be a nice idea to put out a RELENG_7 or RELENG_7_0 bootonly
> CD image with this patch applied? I'm sure many people won't be able to
> build this themselves, but they could just download a prebuilt image to
> test booting.

Okay, I thought I might better do some work for this myself, instead of
just asking. So I've built a RELENG_7_0 release with the above patch,
and some other minor ones I'm using. The bootonly ISO is here:

http://www.andric.com/freebsd/btxtes...6-bootonly.iso

MD5: 4e9c05bf55bc9329b1aecaa2aa336a7f
SHA256: 63cca954f04f2a652519cd5ffd5fe9e7ea36a97bad115b6c2d 9754fe5e918528

Find the other ISOs and the complete patch I've applied in
, but note the disc1-disc3 ISOs
miss packages, I didn't build those.

With this ISO I can finally get FreeBSD booting on my ThinkPad X41, for
which I use an external USB DVD drive. Every FreeBSD release until now
has crashed on this combination...