FreeBSD 7 faster than Linux ?? - FreeBSD

This is a discussion on FreeBSD 7 faster than Linux ?? - FreeBSD ; In , >FreeBSD is very fast and efficient. The BSD "jails" are much like "Zones" >that Solaris has. An excellent and powerful feature. Which is why it really surprises me that linux doesn't seem to have them. Overall I really ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: FreeBSD 7 faster than Linux ??

    In <47d0030f$0$18851$88260bb3@free.teranews.com>,
    >FreeBSD is very fast and efficient. The BSD "jails" are much like "Zones"
    >that Solaris has. An excellent and powerful feature.

    Which is why it really surprises me that linux doesn't seem to have them.
    Overall I really like linux. (Have been using it since 94 or so, was amazing
    then and it still is)

    I'm using vserver on some machines, it works really good but I'm
    regretting it because I can never upgrade them. :-(

    Jamie
    Perl * Java * UNIX User Management Solutions

  2. Re: FreeBSD 7 faster than Linux ??