In message: <20080304160006.GB95950@kobe.laptop>
Giorgos Keramidas writes:
: On 2008-03-04 08:52, "M. Warner Losh" wrote:
: > In message: <20080304154542.GC61036@kobe.laptop>
: > Giorgos Keramidas writes:
: > : Nice! Thank you Robert. Can I copy parts of this and add them to the
: > : autoconf glue I'm adding now?
: > :
: > : To test just cpp(1) stuff, autoconf supports AC_PREPROC_IFELSE() too,
: > : which I used when I tried writing a check for __FBSDID():
: > :
: > : AC_PREPROC_IFELSE(
: > : [AC_LANG_PROGRAM([[#include
: > : #ifndef __FBSDID
: > : #error No __FBSDID definition.
: > : #endif]])],
: > : [AC_DEFINE([HAVE_FBSDID_MACRO], [1],
: > : [Define to 1 if you have the __FBSDID macro.])])
: > :
: > : I can probably improve a bit the queue.h check using what you wrote
: > : above and AC_PREPROC_IFELSE().
: >
: > The alternative to uglifying the make sources with #ifdefs would be to
: > just always use the compat includes when building... No autoconf
: > needed, and minimal changes to the base make, if any.
:
: True. I'll try to keep #ifdef changes down to the absolutely _minimum_
: amount of changes. It will make repeated merged from usr.bin/make much
: easier, for example

Lemme put together a package for all this and see how few ifdefs I can
do it with...

Warner