On Monday 03 March 2008 19:07:38 Mark Andrews wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 02:30:01PM +0300, Dmitry Antipov wrote:
> > > Is it required to have 'options INET6' even if I'm not using any IPv6
> > > connectivity ?

> > No, not unless you rely on SCTP, which at this time *does* require
> > INET6. If you remove INET6, you must also remove SCTP.
> >
> > Be aware that if you remove INET6, ntpd (if used) will complain about
> > missing transport protocol capability for tcp6 and udp6. It's a
> > harmless warning, and won't impact functionality of ntpd. There is an
> > open PR for this problem:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dbin/78728
> >
> > > Also I have occasional 'mskc0: Uncorrectable PCI Express error'
> > > messages, which is a known
> > > (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr....=3Dkern/119613) problem...

> > Can't help you with this, but I bet Pyun YongHyeon can. :-)

> I really don't understand this wish people have to turn off
> IPv6. The world is running out of IPv4 addresses. IPv6
> will be required within a year or two. Now is the time to

easy, you do not need ipv6 when you are on an ipv4 network

> make sure every piece of software you use that requires IP
> connectivity supports IPv6. In 2-3 years time it will be
> too late as you won't have the option to fall back to IPv4.
>
> IPv6 connectivity is available to everyone today if they
> wish it. You don't have to wait for you ISP to supply it.

well, that might not be exactly true, what do you want (and why should you)=
=20
with an ipv6 address/service on your computer when you are on an ipv4=20
network???

=2D-=20

Jo=E3o

Service fornecido pelo Datacenter Matik https://datacenter.matik.com.br