I'm having some difficulty working with anything past
It seems impossible to use (create) any addresses on the "loopback"
More specifically; I installed rbldnsd from ports, and it worked quite
well on a 6.x install. However, attempting the same config/install on
a 7-RC3 install yields the inability to bind/create, or for rbldnsd to answer on - all queries are refused. The
same pinging/digging, etc.

The 2 servers have /exactly/ the same net setups, and DNS/rbldnsd
configs. Yet no joy on the RELENG_7 box. So it /appears/ something
in this area has changed since 6. But I'm unable to discover any
info on it.

Thank you for all your time and consideration.

--Chris H

panic: kernel trap (ignored)