> Subject: Re: Hard disk not detected during install> From: gavin.atkinson@=

ury.york.ac.uk> To: raphael_salas@hotmail.com> CC: freebsd-current@freebsd.=
org> Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:49:56 +0000> > On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 22:43 +0=
000, Raphael Salas wrote:> > Hi,> > > > I recently bought a Toshiba Satelli=
te P205D-S7479, and want to run> > FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE on it. However, duri=
ng partitioning, my hard disk> > (SATA) is not found, even with ACPI disabl=
ed and during safe mode.> > pciconfig -lv says the ATA controller's vendor =
is ATI. Additionally,> > my BIOS doesn't provide any options regarding hard=
disk, therefore, I> > cannot switch it to IDE mode.> > Is the controller d=
etected at all when booting from the install CD?> When you are at the sysin=
stall menu, you should be able to press scroll> lock and page up back throu=
gh the boot messages. Booting "verbose" may> well be useful.> > If it's not=
detected, compare this with the boot messages from 6.3 and> see what the d=
ifferences are. Does it try to attach and fail, or never> even notice the c=
ontroller is there? If the controller attaches> successfully, have a look t=
owards the end of the boot messages for where> disks get detected. What are=
the errors?> > It sounds like you already have 6.x or something on the mac=
hine, if so> you may find that you can boot (with verbose logging) the 7.x =
CD, abort> the installer, reboot into 6.x and find the 7.x boot messages> i=
n /var/log/messages. Otherwise, taking digital pictures of the boot> messag=
es and sending links to the list may well help us diagnose the> problem.> >=
Gavin
=20
Here's the link: http://www.sendspace.com/folder/d5tai1
=20