Hi!

Again, interesting things are happening in the qemu development tree,
among others the ncurses patch has been committed (allowing to see
vga text output without sdl by passing -curses), e1000 emulation i.e.
an emulated em(4) that should be even faster than the e100 since it also
features TSO is now in (-net nic,model=e1000), and qemu is now moving
to a new codegenerator called tcg that's supposed to eliminate the gcc3
dependency once everything has been converted to it.

Unfortunately, tcg also seems to cause the first regression I've found,
qemu-system-x86_64 now makes the 7.0 amd64 isos pagefault in
_thread_lock_flags, even tho I've added the cpu-exec.c patch that
fixes the hang of the same guests with qemu 0.9.1 (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qe.../msg00334.html
), I'll post a little more about that in a seperate post to the qemu list.
(will crosspost to -emulation.)

Anyway the update is here (also queued on tb3):
http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/...20080302.patch

enjoy,
Juergen