On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 02:06:38PM +0300, Dmitry Antipov wrote:
> recently I've installed 7.0 and now I'm observing strange thing with my
> Internet connection.
> Access to some sites may be VERY slow or doesn't work at all with different
> kinds of timeout
> messages or without messages at all (but other sites works fine). For
> example, firefox may say
> "Transferring data from..." message and then "The connection to the server
> was reset while
> the page was loading", lynx just says "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" and displays no
> data, etc.

Sounds like TCP stack breakage, and not so much an MTU problem.

I read many months ago that some others having this problem solved it by
disabling RFC1323 extensions (default is on), which is a little odd, but
it worked for a couple people. Try doing "sysctl
net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=0" and see if the problem goes away. If it does,
put tcp_extensions="no" in /etc/rc.conf.

I can't reproduce this behaviour, though, on my own setup at home (using
em(4) gigE NICs on the BSD box, and Broadcom BCM47xx 10/100 NICs on the
Linux box (a WRT54GL).

--
| Jeremy Chadwick jdc at parodius.com |
| Parodius Networking http://www.parodius.com/ |