Hi Julian,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 08:53:52AM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> I can give a very simple example of something you can do trivially on
> vimage:
>
> Make three virtual machines on yhour laptop:
> The base machine and two others.
> Have the first 'other' machine be assigned an IP address on
> your HOME LAN.
> have the second virtual machine have an IP adddress on
> your WORK LAN.
> use the base machine to run encrypted tunnels from where-ever
> you happen to be to your work and home.. when you put the laptop to sleep
> (assuming the tcp sessions are quiescent (no keepalives))
> then when you wake it up say an hour later.. as soon as the base machine has
> an IP address.. viola, your session on the virtual
> machines are still alive.

On this post [1], Marko states:

% Each NICs is logically attached to one and only one network stack
% instance at a time, and it receives data from upper layers and feeds
% the upper layers with mbufs in exactly the same manner as it does on
% the standard kernel. It is the link layer that demultiplexes the
% incoming traffic to the appropriate stack instance...

As I understand it, there is only one vimage per interface. I'm surely
wrong or the setup you described wouldn't be possible.

Any explanation will be welcome .
Thanks,

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/f...ry/083908.html

Regards,