On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 02:39:35PM +0000, Chris wrote:
> On 28/02/2008, Krassimir Slavchev wrote:
> > Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> > > Thus, never expect the adX devices to "start with 0".

> > If you want adX devices to "start with 0" just remove 'options
> > ATA_STATIC_ID' from the kernel config file but be very carefully if you
> > change hardware!

> Ahh thats useful, on the occasions I have remotely installed freebsd
> over linux I have always failed due to incorrectly guessing the hd id
> and as such a wrong fstab, if I know it will always be ad0 and ad1 and
> so on it makes this much easier.

And if you ever add a second drive, and it happens to be detected
first, expect a lot of work getting things working again. There are
good reasons for doing it this way, though you do get a choice.

-- Clifton

--
Clifton Royston -- cliftonr@iandicomputing.com / cliftonr@lava.net
President - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/