On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 3:55 AM, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> > > OK, I'll do that. What is the best way to do that? csupping to "." seems a
> > > bit drastic, and I don't do much with cvs proper. I take it that I should use
> > > anon-cvs to grab the directory, but I don't quite know how.

> > Copy sys/dev/re/if_re.c, sys/pci/if_rlreg.h in HEAD to your box.
> > Due to lack of m_defrag(9) in 7-PRERELEASE/RC, you also have to add
> > that function to if_re.c(Copy m_defrag() in sys/kern/uipc_mbuf.c on
> > HEAD/RELENG_7 to if_re.c). That would make it build on your box.

> I've applied this on a RELENG_7_0 box with 2 re interfaces, and it
> seems to run without any problems. Not that it had many problems
> before, except sometimes it took a very long time (e.g. ~10 s) for the
> re's to come up during booting.
>
> Let me know if anyone wants this as a ready-made patch file.

I have had trouble so far. I was tracking RELENG_7, which has the m_defrag()
function. - adding it again caused the build to stop, and I munged things when
pulling it back out again. I'm csupping again to have another go.
Good to see that others are being helped by my question: I really should have
asked it weeks ago!