Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:07:13 -0600, Joe Marcus Clarke
> wrote:
>
>> Hiroto Kagotani wrote:
>>> 2008/2/21, marcus@freebsd.org :
>>> I traced the thread about librsvg2 in freebsd-gnome@ archive.
>>> I understand adding dependency can not solve this problem.
>>> Is it able to add some scripts in librsvg2 port to add/delete some lines
>>> in etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders on installing/deinstalling?

>> No, this is not possible. The gtk-engine module that comes with
>> librsvg2 needs GTK+ libraries and headers. Therefore, librsvg2
>> REQUIRES gtk20, and thus gtk20 cannot require librsvg2.

> I think he means by run gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders to update the
> etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders in the install/deinstall of librsvg2. I
> think (uncheck) our librsvg2 ports already does it.

Right, but in order for librsvg2 to do that, it needs to depend on
gtk20. Even if you write an external script to do the add/remove, the
actual pixbuf engine requires gtk20 in order to build. Either way you
slice it, gtk20 cannot depend on librsvg2.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team :: gnome@FreeBSD.org