On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:07:13 -0600, Joe Marcus Clarke
wrote:

> Hiroto Kagotani wrote:
>> 2008/2/21, marcus@freebsd.org :
>>> This cannot happen. librsvg2 requires gtk20, and thus gtk02 cannot
>>> also
>>> depend on librsvg2. It's been a problem discussed on freebsd-gnome@
>>> before,
>>> but a good solution has not yet been proposed. If you find one that
>>> does
>>> not introduce a dependency loop, then please file a new PR with
>>> patches.

>> I traced the thread about librsvg2 in freebsd-gnome@ archive.
>> I understand adding dependency can not solve this problem.
>> Is it able to add some scripts in librsvg2 port to add/delete some lines
>> in etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders on installing/deinstalling?

> No, this is not possible. The gtk-engine module that comes with
> librsvg2 needs GTK+ libraries and headers. Therefore, librsvg2 REQUIRES
> gtk20, and thus gtk20 cannot require librsvg2.

I think he means by run gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders to update the
etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders in the install/deinstall of librsvg2. I
think (uncheck) our librsvg2 ports already does it.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net - mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team - FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)