Dag-Erling Smrgrav wrote this message on Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 13:12 +0100:
> John-Mark Gurney writes:
> > I object. I have stated my case. If you don't want to listen to it,
> > that's fine.

> Your case was very unclear. In fact, I would say you objected to
> something that you made up in your head which was completely different
> from what I actually proposed. Perhaps you should re-read my original
> email.

My case is perfectly clear. We already have dev.* for this, and you
want to add a second, confusing, place to put similar/same information...
Yes, this is specific for network interfaces, but what makes a network
interface special that it's configuration can't live in dev.*? You
stated that you were fine w/ some items being in dev.* and others in
net.if.* for the same device, which is why I objected.

--
John-Mark Gurney Voice: +1 415 225 5579