On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 04:16:24PM +0100, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Kostik Belousov wrote:
>
> > Shall the crossbuild for CURRENT work on RELENG_[67] ? If not, this is a
> > huge regression.

> Why wouldn't it, unless you're building amd64 CURRENT on i386
> RELENG_[67] or a similar combination?

That's right... I didn't consider this situation before...
Building amd64 CURRENT on i386 RELENG_[67] won't work. I'll see what
I can do, I think we probably need revert back to let Binutils ar to
handle the cross build.

My Makefile knowledge is very poor, is there a way to let the build
system use Binutils 'ar' in the building process but later install
it as 'gar'?

Thanks,
--
Kai