On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 11:55:22PM -1000, Jeff Roberson wrote:
>So what does everyone think of something like this:
>int cpuaffinity(int cmd, long which, int masksize, unsigned *mask);
>#define AFFINITY_GET 0x1
>#define AFFINITY_SET 0x2
>#define AFFINITY_PID 0x4
>#define AFFINITY_TID 0x8
>I'm not married to any of these names. If you know of something that woul=

>be more regular please comment.

It's probably not immediately relevant (because I don't have suitable
code and doubt you do either) but how would this extend to:
- a process wanting to set thread affinity to the h/w theads associated
with a single core (which includes the issue of identifying which
logical CPUs are linked with which physical cores)
- a process wanting to take advantage of a system's NUMA topology to
optimise thread affinities.
- creating sets of logical CPUs and assigning sets of processes/threads
to them.

Peter Jeremy

Version: GnuPG v2.0.4 (FreeBSD)