Tom Evans wrote:
> The chipset supports UDMA6, the drive supports UDMA6,

Are you sure about that? What brand/model is that?
I don't think I've ever seen an atapi CD/DVD drive
that supported more than UDMA3.

Best regards

Handelsregister: Registergericht Muenchen, HRA 74606, Geschäftsfuehrung:
chen, HRB 125758, Geschäftsführer: Maik Bachmann, Olaf Erb, Ralf Gebhart

FreeBSD-Dienstleistungen, -Produkte und mehr:

"A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier
to program in than some that do."
-- Dennis M. Ritchie