I just tried (under FreeBSD 7.0-RC1) to mount an ext2fs volume - I've
mounted it before with no trouble on this same FreeBSD version. This
time, mount appeared to hang. I noticed that I can see the contents of
the volume under the mount point, so the mount seemed to "work", but the
process is stuff. "ps" shows:

root 1307 0.0 0.0 3156 792 p6 D+ 5:21PM 0:00.00 mount
/mnt/linux-home

The "ps" man page says that "D" means: "Marks a process in disk (or
other short term, uninterruptible) wait."

Is there any way I can investigate what is going on? I cannot umount
(device busy) or break out of the mount command...

Thanks, Joe