On 11/02/2008, at 9:55 PM, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
>> Given the high memory usage requirements of ZFS, I'd like to load
>> up servers using it with as much memory as I can. More than 4Gb of
>> memory on older 32bit CPUs. Since PAE doesn't play with loadable
>> kernel modules, is there a way to compile ZFS into the kernel
>> itself (if I tick a box that says I know that licensing issues
>> exist)?

> PAE does work with kernel modules, and ZFS works fine.

That is great news. Does that mean that the text [1] "KLD modules
cannot be loaded into a PAE enabled kernel, due to the differences in
the build framework of a module and the kernel." is wrong or that I've
misunderstood what it means?

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO...ig-config.html

Ari Maniatis

phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001