Gergely CZUCZY wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set up a qemu with 4G memory to the host system
> on a 7-BETA2, and I've hit some kind of limit in freebsd.
>
> When i give more then ~2000MB of memory to qemu, it returns
> an after trying to mmap() it, saying "Could not map physical memory".
>
> At the end of mmap(2) there's a note saying:
> " The len argument is limited to the maximum file size or available user-
> land address space. Files may not be able to be made more than 1TB large
> on 32 bit systems due to file systems restrictions and bugs, but address
> space is far more restrictive. Larger files may be possible on 64 bit
> systems."
>
> I guess I've found this limit. I've tried to check a few sysctls but I wasn't
> able to find the one effecting this limit.
>
> Could someone point me into the right direction in increasing the maximum
> mmap-able size?

If you are using the 32-bit i386 system, then you could be limited by a
couple of things, the kern.maxdsiz loader tunable or the datasize limit
are likely. On i386, I believe 1073741824 (1G) is the default maxdsiz.
With 4GB of RAM, I think you ought to be able to double kern.maxdsiz in
/boot/loader.conf.

Hope this helps,
Guy

--