Hello, Jack.
You wrote 15 ?????? 2007 ?., 22:46:59:

(after loading drivers for my X100P Zaptel voice card, but it doesn't
change anything).

> vmstat -i

interrupt total rate
irq0: clk 2956764 999
irq6: wcfxo0 85000 28
irq7: ppc0 1 0
irq8: rtc 378406 127
irq10: fxp0 37732 12
irq11: em0 2957170 999
irq12: ath0 64647 21
irq14: ata0 12713 4
irq15: ata1 18 0
Total 6492451 2194

> Disconnect the cable from it when you boot, also pciconf -l

em0@pci0:12:0: class=0x020000 card=0x002e8086 chip=0x100e8086 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00

Cable was disconnected...

> to see what type adapter it is.

> This is storming before you assign it an address?

It seems so, because the first message in `dmesg' is BEFORE

ipfw2 initialized, divert loadable, rule-based forwarding disabled, default to deny, logging disabled

and RIGHT AFTER "Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ad0s1a".

BTW, card WORKS in such conditions: I can connect cable, and ping
this interface (this is head-less computer, I access it through wi-fi
from my notebook while wired network is stopped).

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov