Quoting Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri :

> Hello Jason,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> #make installkernel

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Shouldn't the above two lines read:

make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE
make installkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE

or possibly:

make -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE buildkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE
make -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE installkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE

Naturally, everyone has their own slight variations to suite
their chosen env. But I thought these were a no-op.

> #reboot
> #cd /usr/src
> #make installworld
> #mergemaster -iU (-iU added to automatically install files that don't
> exist and upgrade those that haven't changed.
> #reboot
>
> mergemaster made it very easy to upgrade, thank you Doug! }
>
> Regards,
> -Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri
> Arab Portal
> http://www.WeArab.Net/