On 12/20/06, Abdullah Al-Marrie wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I have problem with my laptop Acer Aspire 5102 WLMi which has AMD
> Turion=99 64 X2 dual-core TL-50 1.6 GHz with 1.5 GB of ram.
> I'm running i386 6.2-RC1 upgraded to 6.2-PRELEASE via RELENG6 tag
> since I don't have more than 4 GB of ram.
> I have these lines add to my custom generic kernel
> options SMP
> device cpufreq
> device smbus
> I have this in my rc.conf
> powerd_enable=3D"YES"
> But the the laptop even doesn't boot some times, and if booted it
> hangs all the time, till I hashed out powerd_enable=3D"YES"
> hints?

Had the same problem where powerd would hang my HP Pavilion dv8000
system. I worked arround the problem by using the following in

powerd_flags=3D"-a maximum -b maximum"

Of course this makes powered do nothing when on battery. What I think
is happening is that powered is too aggressive in downgrading the
clock speed, that it eventually sets the clock to a value that is so
low that the system stops responding.

No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.