Doug Barton wrote:
> After a long (and sometimes ugly) ordeal with a few other
> manufacturers, I finally decided on a Dell Latitude D620, which is
> sitting here next to me. It has the new Core 2 Duo, and lots of other
> exciting bells and whistles. The only negative so far is the 3945
> wireless, but I have an atheros pccard to use in the meantime.
>
> I'm wondering what experiences people have with this, gotchas for
> FreeBSD, etc. I am planning to dual boot windows and -current. I am
> particularly interested in being able to suspend/resume in freebsd, so
> if anyone has got that working, please share the secrets. Also, has
> anyone with a core 2 duo tried running the 64 bit freebsd?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doug

I have D620, it has Core Duo T2300 @ 1.66GHz. I'm running RELENG_6.

- suspend/resume - suspend works, resume doesn't, leads to push the
power button to reboot.

- bge0: mem
0xdfcf0000-0xdfcfffff irq 18 at device 0.0 on pci9
bge0: firmware handshake timed out
miibus0: on bge0
brgphy0: on miibus0
I think I'm using Pyun's patch here.

- audio - works with recent ariff's sound/snd_hda binary driver for
RELENG_6 (recording is not working, probably I have to check latest driver)

- agp0@pci0:2:0: class=0x030000 card=0x01c21028 chip=0x27a28086
rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
vendor = 'Intel Corporation'
class = display
subclass = VGA
I'm using here mnag@FreeBSD.org/anholt@FreeBSD.org's 945GM support agp
patch and latest xorg-server-6.9.0_5. I also use 915resoluton to set the
resolution to 1280x800. mplayer -vo xv can play in full screen.

- mouse - works in X with moused started before starting X.

- Onboard wireless doesn't work, no driver. I'm using orinoco gold a/b/g
combo pcmcia card.
none2@pci12:0:0: class=0x028000 card=0x00071028 chip=0x431214e4
rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
vendor = 'Broadcom Corporation'