Hello Dylan,

Dylan Wylie wrote:
> Thomas Wintergerst wrote:
>
>> Hello Dott,
>>
>> Dott. Surricani wrote:
>>
>>> How I can make it works?

>> For me (Asus L3500D laptop) adding
>>
>> hw.psm.synaptics_support="1"

Btw: I forgot to tell that this line must be added to "/boot/loader.conf".

>> did it with 5.3-RELEASE. But my touchad also works with the default
>> settings, i.e. as a ps/2 mouse. The above line only added support for
>> the up and down buttons.
>>

> Does it allow you to switch off "tap-to-click"? I think I'm to spastic
> for that function.

AFAIR it does not switch it completely off. But it disables the mode
"double-click-and-hold-to drag". As I got used to it and the two up/down
buttons only performed continuous quick scrolling, not step-by-step, the
"synaptics" mode was nearly useless for me and I switched it off again.

--

Gruss,

Thomas Wintergerst