Hello,

I tried to investigate the recently discussed problem with jdk16 where you
suggested to add -fno-tree-vrp to CFLAGS. I noticed that the problem
doesn't occur with the latest version of java/jdk16 anymore. I suppose the
patchset 2 fixed it somehow. I used FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT (October 1th 2007)
and ports of today.

I strongly disapprove the change of GCC to not use tree-vrp by default and
I want to suggest that you to change it back. GCC 4.2 seem to have many
bugs and I think it's the wrong way to change it's default behaviour to
work around these bugs, because this reveals other bugs.

If there are more ports or code examples than jdk15 and jdk16 that were
affected by -ftree-vrp then I want you to tell me about. I want to find a
proper solution.

Regards
Björn