Marc G. Fournier:
> Other then the machine its running on, I have Azureus setup the same,
> including using java 1.5.0 ... but, of course, the version on the
> FreeBSD is the new diablo binary ...
>
> thoughts?

I don't know about the current diablo-jdk build, but on
/usr/ports/java/jdk15/ i had very bad threads performance with threads
locked up and waiting for nothing, until i recompiled the FreeBSD with
"options SMP" turned on. It was on an architecture similar to yours:
"CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2793.01-MHz 686-class CPU)"
Perhaps the threading library used with jdk has some inference with the
kernel scheduler or something. If your FreeBSD is build without SMP,
this might be the problem.