On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 11:38:54AM -0400, Paul Dlug wrote:
> >Why you can't mmap up to 3 GB of memory, I don't know. Perhaps we
> >should take it to -current or -hackers.

> Have you followed up on this? I was wondering if anyone had a solution.
> I'd post myself to -current or -hackers but I'm not sure I can
> adequately explain the problem.

Read the "BUGS" section of the mmap(2) manual page. That gives a pretty
good explanation of why you can't mmap(2) more than 2GB at the moment.
It looks very much like a "hard" limit too, i.e. you would need some
serious hacking to increase the limit, its not a tuneable.

--
Greg Lewis Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond Web : http://www.eyesbeyond.com