Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:05:18 -0500
> Bill Moran wrote:

>>> If you find a way to 'save' only parts of a PDF document, i.e. pages
>>> 5-10, 17 and 25 in a separate file, then the ``pdfjam'' port includes
>>> a utility called ``pdfjoin''

>> You could print the desired pages to .ps files, use ps2pdf to convert
>> them and then pdfjam to combine them.
>>
>> It's enough of a roundabout that I don't know if it's worth it or not.
>>

> xpdf allows printing of page ranges. I use it all the time.

I'm not sure why, maybe I have too poor a font selection here, but the
fonts, I mean, the onscreen fonts that xpdf seems to choose, always
seems to run characters together, so it gets hard to read them. So,
xpdf wouldn't be my first choice. I use kpdf to view pdfs for that
particular reason, and onthe same document, kpdf does a distinctly
better job, If kpdf uses xpdf's engine, then it must find some way to
pick better fonts for itself, it actually does look better.