In <45466902.5090603@FreeBSD.org>, Doug Barton typed:
> Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> > Personally I think rm should do what you ask it to do - if you ask it
> > to overwrite a file which has multiple links, well... though luck.

> It's all well and good to say, "tough luck," but I don't think that's
> what our users expect.

I'm a user. It's what I expect. If I wanted an OS that protected me
from myself, I wouldn't be running Unix. Please give me the rope I
need to get the job done. If that happens to be enough that I can hang
myself, and I sometimes do - well, I got what I asked for. When I want
to be coddled, I'll run a different OS.

--
Mike Meyer http://www.mired.org/consulting.html