Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-Oct-30 19:38:49 +1100, Peter Jeremy wrote:
>> the user is unaware that there are multiple links. I don't think
>> that just unlinking the file and issuing a warning is a good solution
>> because it's then virtually impossible to locate the other copy(s)
>> of the file, which remains viewable.

> I missed the fact that the warning message includes the inode number.
> My apologies. This reduces "virtually impossible" to "hard".
> I still think this current behaviour is undesirable and a security
> hole. Maybe someone from the SO team would like to offer their
> opinion - I might just have my tinfoil hat on too tight tonight.

I think the concern of the removal is perfectly valid. It's possible
that someone run:

find secret/ -type f -exec rm {} +

and there are zillions of files in secret/, causing the warning to be
scrolled over. Also, it's possible that there is places that the user
can not enter. Therefore, I agree that my checkin has introduced a
security hole and we should fix it. I have posted a possible patch here
and to cvs-all@ for review.

Xin LI
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!

Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (Darwin)