--=-EmhLxJyZRAa37XYaOj/l

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 19:00 -0800, alter_ego wrote:
> Firefox 2 is exhibiting exactly the same behaviour for me. I did a
> portupgrade yesterday, Firefox updated from 1.5.0.7 to 2 and now the help=

er
> apps don't work.
>=20
> Mine is a FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p7 #0, and I don't use gnome either.
>=20
> I would appreciate any suggestion on how to fix this problem.

I could reproduce this, so I rebuilt Firefox with debugging support,
then the problem went away. So I rebuilt again without debugging
support, and now I can no longer reproduce. You might try rebuilding
Firefox with debugging and logging enabled. If you can reproduce, check
the console for any relevant errors.

Joe

>=20
> Thanks,
> AE
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Philip Paeps wrote:
> >=20
> > I've compiled Firefox 2.0 from marcuscom earlier this week. It appears=

> > work great, except for the minor (but to me fairly important) feature o=

> > opening files I download.
> >=20
> > For instance, I have in my .mailcap file that I want PDF files opened w=

ith
> > xpdf. I pointy-click a PDF file and I get a nice box offering to save =

it
> > somewhere or open it with xpdf. So far so good, Firefox 2.0 still grok=

> > my
> > .mailcap file.
> >=20
> > However, it just puts the PDF file I pointy-clicked in /tmp and doesn't
> > fire
> > up xpdf for me to look at it. So I need to do that myself. That gets
> > boring
> > very quickly.
> >=20
> > I think it is just refusing to spawn any external application. I also =

use
> > the
> > Greasemonkey extension and have pointed the 'editor' of user scripts to=

> > script that fires up xterm -e vi. This worked fine in Firefox 1.5.0.7 =

but
> > now
> > no longer works.
> >=20
> > When I tell firefox to open a file with a script that just does a 'touc=

h'
> > of a
> > file in /tmp, for example, I don't see a file created in /tmp.
> >=20
> > Any idea what I might be missing or how I would go about debugging this=

?=20
> > spent the night looking at ktrace output and it's making me go blind. :=

-o
> >=20
> > Note that I do not use gnome. A list of packages on my system is here:
> >=20
> >
> >=20
> > I am using -CURRENT from fairly recently:
> >=20
> > FreeBSD fasolt.home.paeps.cx 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #4: Tue O=

ct
> > 10
> > 14:01:36 CEST 2006 =20
> > philip@fasolt.home.paeps.cx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FASOLT