Michael Johnson wrote:
> On 10/31/06, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> Michael Johnson wrote:
>> On 10/31/06, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>> Jev wrote:
>>> Thank you Joe,

>>> You can find the output from thread apply all bt / full here:
>>> http://ecad.org/~jev/firefox2_take2.html

>> This looks to be crashing at shutdown. If you run firefox as root,

> does
>> it work? If it does, does it now work as a regular user now that

> you've
>> run it as root first?

>>> same thing as root for me.

> Something is failing to take hold, and thus Firefox bails out. How did
> you reproduce this? Could you make it happen in jail, or did you have
> to downgrade the kernel as well? Can you provide me access to a machine
> on which Firefox dies?
>> I did it in a jail, 6.1-RELEASE.

This is good news. This rules out a kernel change. I didn't see any
recent relevant libpthread changes, but maybe a libc change is causing
this. Can you replace the 6.1 libc.so.6 with a RELENG_6 version, and
see what happens?

>> If you want access to the jail email
>> me your public ssh key.

You can find it on freefall at ~marcus/.ssh/id_dsa.pub.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Darwin)

iD8DBQFFR6Dib2iPiv4Uz4cRApyXAKCn3RCrKNps44S0eBF4jj d1ZqEFbACdHJLq
freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org mailing list