Hi.

I have been experiencing some problems and was wondering whether anyone
else has encountered this. I am running FreeBSD 6.1, and recently
upgraded to gnome 2.16.

I have had to restart gnome a number of times, and have been unable to
log in remotely at times due to this problem.

>From /var/log/messages....

Oct 25 04:11:00 pc-racine1 kernel: kern.maxfiles limit exceeded by uid
2, please see tuning(7).
Oct 25 04:11:01 pc-racine1 kernel: kern.maxfiles limit exceeded by uid
560, please see tuning(7).

>From /etc/group

kmem:*:2:
haldaemon:*:560:

Any suggestions as to how to proceed to track down the culprit would be
appreciated.

-- Jeff

--
Professor J. S. Racine Phone: (905) 525 9140 x 23825
Department of Economics FAX: (905) 521-8232

`The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance'