--JsihDCElWRmQcbOr

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 10:38:46AM -0500, Barry Pederson wrote:
> But the thing that got me going on this was that if you *don't* do the sc=

rub after the replace but instead do some other destructive things to one o=
f the non-replaced=20
> devices, like:
>=20
> dd if=3D/dev/random bs=3D1m count=3D64 oseek=3D1 conv=3Dnotrunc of=3D/tm=

p/foo1
>=20
> and *then* do a scrub and then "zpool status -v mypool", you get this rea=

lly alarming message mentioning data corruption.
>=20
> ---------------------
> zpool status -v mypool
> pool: mypool
> state: ONLINE
> status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
> corruption. Applications may be affected.
> action: Restore the file in question if possible. Otherwise restore the
> entire pool from backup.
> see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
> scrub: scrub completed with 184 errors on Sun Apr 15 09:55:43 2007
> config:
>=20
> NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
> mypool ONLINE 0 0 761
> raidz1 ONLINE 0 0 761
> md0 ONLINE 0 0 0
> md1 ONLINE 0 0 521
> md3 ONLINE 0 0 25
>=20
> errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:
>=20
> mypool:<0x100>
> mypool:<0x104>
> mypool:<0x105>
> .
> .
> ---------------------
>=20
> I suppose you have to actually have some files in /mypool for this to sho=

w up.
>=20
> (are there supposed to be real filenames in the message instead of things=

like "<0x100>" ?)

I just committed a fix for 'zpool status -v'. It should now show
actually file names if corruption is related to file's data.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek http://www.wheel.pl
pjd@FreeBSD.org http://www.FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD committer Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!