--DIOMP1UsTsWJauNi

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 07:33:39PM +0200, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
+> Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+> > Reading. grep -r on two src/ directories in parallel:
+> > UFS: 84s
+> > UFS+SU: 138s
+> > gjournal(1): 102s
+> > gjournal(2): 89s
+> >=20
+> > As you can see, even on one disk, untaring eight src.tgz is two times
+> > faster than UFS+SU. I've no idea why gjournal is faster in reading.
+>=20
+> The UFS+SU score doesn't seem right. Why do SU have a negative impact on
+> read performance? Is it solely because of the atime updates?

As I said, I've not idea. You may simply ignore my benchmarks and try
them on your own

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek http://www.wheel.pl
pjd@FreeBSD.org http://www.FreeBSD.org