On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:06:38 -0000, Sven Hazejager =

wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have quite a big problem here....
>
> I've upgraded my FreeBSD 4.11 to 6.1. Basically, I did a newfs of / an=

d =

> /usr
> and reinstalled from scratch. That worked.
>
> Rebooted in 6.1 single user mode, mounted /, /usr and /usr/home. The =

> latter
> I did not touch and I need to save that partition. /usr/home had all t=

he
> files it needed to have. PROBLEM: mount said soft-updates were not set=

on
> /usr/home. So I did umount /usr/home, tunefs -n enable /usr/home, moun=

> /usr/home again... EMPTY!!!!
>
> What has gone wrong? I did fsck (in read-only), no problems, rebooted =

the
> system, did tunefs -n disable, still no luck. I really need those file=

> guys...
>
> Please help urgently.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Sven Hazejager

4.11 uses UFS1, 6.1 UFS2, there might be some conflict there...

Try using stellar phoenix BSD, it can recover data, before you start =

messing around and destroy stuff...
It's not free, but there's a free trial...
http://www.stellarinfo.com/download/...m.php?sid=3D35